Castle Eaton Parish Council
Welcome to the Castle Eaton Parish Website.
The Parish Council consists of 5 Councillors and a Part Time Parish Clerk.
Castle Eaton was historically in the area governed by Wiltshire County council, but since 1997 has been part of Swindon Borough Council.
The Thames at Castle Eaton forms some of the Parish and county boundary with Gloucestershire.
Castle Eaton Village
Castle Eaton is a small yet perfectly formed village on the River Thames, it is situated in a predominately agricultural area at the northernmost point of Swindon Borough.
At the 2011 census, there was a population of 231.
Part of the village is in a conservation area, where many of the buildings are built of local stone and date from 1600’s to 1800’s. This gives Castle Eaton the look and feel of a small Cotswold village.
Castle Eaton has a very popular public house, The Red Lion, and a beautiful church, St Mary the Virgin, dating from the 13th Century.